1. Your daughter occasionally responds to your directives with a "Yes ma'am" and it a) doesn't really surprise you and b) doesn't unnerve you as much as you'd have thought.
2. Pulling up to the base gate and hearing the gate guard wave you on with a "Pursheeatechew," and you understand exactly what he's saying. (I appreciate you.)
3. You hear the words "Ya'll" and "might could" creeping into your own casual lexicon.
4. You automatically wave at anyone who passes you in a car while you're walking, and at the pedestrians you pass while in your car - and feel guilty when you drop the ball.
5. You automatically assume everyone you meet is a devout Christian and are mildly surprised and taken aback when someone confesses otherwise (instead of the other way around!).